Neuro Ophthalmology Services
Neuro-ophthalmology is an ophthalmic subspeciality that addresses the relationship between the eye and the brain, specifically disorders of the optic nerve, orbit and brain associated with visual symptoms.Neuro ophthalmological disorders present with a variety of visual symptoms including
- Decrease in central vision
- Disorder of the visual field.
- Double vision (seeing double due to misalignment of the eye with abnormal eye movements).
- Abnormal drooping of the eyelids.
- Severe headache, which may or may not be associated with intermittent blurring of vision and vomiting
At Dr. Kothari’s eye hospital we provide comprehensive clinical care to a broad spectrum of cases including optic neuritis, ischemic optic neuropathy, papilledema, inflammatory and infectious optic neuropathies, cerebrovascular disorder or tumors involving vision, ocular motor disorders (including cranial nerve palsies), hereditary and traumatic optic neuropathies and patients who have unexplained visual loss.